The UI School of Music Events Office will now accept Summer Semester 2013 student recital requests using the procedures outlined below. Please follow the instructions outlined below to request a recital in one of the following locations:
- Smith Recital Hall (Room 114)
- Smith Room 25
- Music Building Auditorium (Room 2100)
- Music Building Recording Studio (Room 1035)
Review the Room Calendar to identify available date and time.
Recital Start and End Times:
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Instructions for making recital requests:
1. Sign-In/Up to your SoM Account
2. Identify that date, time, and location for your recital is available using the Space Request feature.
3. Select the available time and complete your reservation. This requires 2 separate reservations:
a. Reserve a "Warm-Up" between 30 minutes and 1 hour prior to the recital's start time.
b. Reserve the recital for one of the start times listed above with its corresponding end time.
Please note: students may not request a Dress Rehearsal date/time until 30 days prior to the scheduled recital. Students may only request Performance Halls for recitals, dress rehearsals, and recording sessions; no other types of rehearsals may be scheduled in the performance halls.
To submit your reservation, use the Space Request Form.
School of Music Students – After completing this online form complete the following steps:
1. Download, complete, and return, the Recital Approval Form within 7 days or your requested reservation will automatically be cancelled.
2. Review the Recital Information document for important details regarding piano keys, audio services, etc.
Please Note New Key Procedures:
For dress rehearsals, individual room keys for spaces within the Music Building are no longer available for check out. The doors will be unlocked every morning and will remain open throughout the day. At 4pm, Building Monitors will unlock those classrooms and performance spaces that have been appropriately reserved.
- Piano keys for Smith Hall and Music building: aSmith Hall piano key may be checked out through MB 1156 during posted business hours on a short term basis. Students/faculty may check out a key up to 2 business days prior to their event. Keys must be returned to MB 1156 the next business day immediately following faculty/student events. Night monitors will make the Music Building Auditorium piano available for evening dress rehearsals.
3. Please submit your Performance Program no later than two weeks prior to your scheduled recital.
STUDENTS: After reserving your recital time/date/venue online and submitting the official form signed by your instructor, you may submit your program for printing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about recital reservations.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PROGRAM ONLINE
Create a User Profile by clicking Sign Up, or log in by entering your information and clicking Sign In (for assistance, please contact Steve Burian)
In the lower right-hand corner, hover the mouse over your name
In the menu that pops up, select Edit Profile
Select the Performance Programs tab
On the lower right-hand corner, click New Performance Program
Enter your program information in all tabs (Type, General, Confirm Schedule, Works)
If the program is for an ensemble, you will have two more tabs (ensemble_tab, Additional)
In the Confirm Schedule tab, be sure to click Reload Event - you MUST have a matching calendar event or your recital/performance is not yet reserved
Submit your program information by clicking Save and Submit
HOW TO VIEW THE PDF OF YOUR PROGRAM ONLINE
In the orange header, click Calendar
Scroll down to find your event
Click the title of your event
In the pop-up, click Download PDF
Eventually, the PDF will load in the pop-up
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR PROGRAM?
Please contact Ann Zettervall
Any recital request that is received outside of the times listed above must have been pre-approved through the Music Events Office or the request will be declined. To contact the Music Events Office, please email: email@example.com.
Students preparing for a Recital: Dress Rehearsal Policy
All students giving a recital may request one (1) dress rehearsal time in the performance hall where the recital will take place. Students may not request a Dress Rehearsal date/time until 30 days prior to the scheduled recital. Students may only request Performance Halls for recitals, dress rehearsals, and recording sessions; no other types of rehearsals may be scheduled in the performance halls.
STUDENT RECITAL CANCELLATION POLICY
All student recitals that are scheduled and then cancelled will be subject to a $50 fine. Students will be allowed a period of three University business days (or days on which the Recital Scheduling Office is open) after the reservation is made during which they may cancel a recital without incurring a fine. After that time, if a fine is imposed, it must be paid before any new recital date will be scheduled in the Recital Scheduling Office. The Recital Cancellation Fine will be levied by the School of Music through the Office of Student Accounts and Cashiers.
Exceptions to this policy will be granted only for reasons of certifiable emergency, or for reasons beyond the control of the student, as stipulated in writing to the Director of the School of Music. Only the Director or his/her designee may authorize the waiver of the Recital Cancellation Fine. If you feel you have a legitimate reason for cancelling your recital (illness, death in the family, etc.) and that you therefore should not pay the cancellation fee, you must contact the School's Director Jeffrey Magee (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have the $50 cancellation fee waived.
1) Send an email to Music Events Office with your name and the date/time/place of the recital you are cancelling. You must have your teacher's approval to cancel your recital. Please copy him or her on your email to the Music Events Office.
2) The Music Events Office will CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION once approval is received from your instructor.
3) YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED THE $50 CANCELLATION FEE.
4) If you feel you have a legitimate reason for cancelling your recital (illness, death in the family, etc.), you must contact the School's Director Jeffrey Magee (email@example.com) to request consideration for the $50 cancellation fee to be waived.